Requirements for E-7 visa
You need to satisfy any one of the following conditions
– Master degree or higher in the occupation you are applying for.
– Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of work experience in the occupation you are applying for.
– At least 5 years of work experience in the occupation you are applying for.
You can get some advantages if you fall into one of following special conditions.
- You has worked at one of the Fortune Global 500 companies: Even if you do not meet the education and work experience requirements, you can apply for the E-7 visa.
- Graduate (prospective) bachelor’s degree holder from The Times 200 Universities or QS World University Rankings 200: Even if you do not meet the one year work experience requirement, you can apply for the visa.
- (Prospective) graduates of local community colleges: You will be exempted from the one year work experience requirement.
- (Prospective) graduates of local universities with bachelor’s degree or higher: If you get a job in an occupation related to your major study, you can apply for the visa.
- Foreign talents in advanced science and technology sector who get a recommendation from the relevant ministries
- Yearly salary was 1.5 times the Korean GNI per capita of the previous year. And you receive a recommendation from the head of central administrative agency: You will be exempted from the work experience requirement.
- Yearly salary was 3 times the Korean GNI per capita of the previous year: You will be exempted from education and work experience requirements.
Standard Required Documents
– Degree certificate – If the certificate was issued from oversea, it needs to get an apostille confirmation or notarization from Korean consulate oversea.
– Employment certificate – If the certificate was issued from oversea, it needs to get an apostille confirmation or notarization from Korean consulate oversea.
– License if required
– Employment contract between you and your new employer
– Company documents from your new employer – Mostly the company’s tax and corporate documents.
– Document demonstrating the necessity of foreign employee (A letter which states the necessity of hiring the respective foreign employee, plan for usage of the employee, expected outcomes and etc.)
In addition, you can find out more about the degree certificate and employment certificate here.
For some occupations, the immigration office requires to submit an employment recommendation. The recommendation letter should be from an administrative ministries like KOTRA.
Please click here to look at occupations which require the employment recommendation.