ne of the most difficult visa to get in Korea is E-7 visa. Eligibility and requirements for both candidate and employer should meet for E-7 visa.
The candidate’s qualification is not the only consideration, but the employer’s qualification is also considered. Different eligibility and requirements are reviewed by immigration officers.
Do you think the E-7 visa is difficult to understand? In this blog post, we will provide you with detail information about the E-7 visa. You will know about it better after looking into this article.
What is range of activities for E-7 visa?
Foreigners who are offered a job from local company for activities specially designated by Korean government need a work visa. The type of the work visa is the E-7 visa. The activities are also occupations. Do you need the list of occupations for E-7 visa? Please click here to download it.
Eligibility for E-7 visa
Eligible Applicant: A foreigner who signs an employment contract with local companies in Korea to work in the occupation listed above downloadable PDF. The local company can be a Korean company or a foreign company.
The foreigner should get the E-7 visa before the work start date in the employment contract.
- Immigration office separate workers into three groups: professionals, semi-professionals and skilled workers depending on the level of expertise required and substitutability of Korean citizens
- It finds a protective measure for Korean citizens from foreign skilled-workers. It considers substitutability by setting the quotas for each company, wage requirements, and higher job qualifications.
Requirements for E-7 visa
You need to satisfy any one of the following conditions
– Master degree or higher in the occupation you are applying for.
– Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of work experience in the occupation you are applying for.
– At least 5 years of work experience in the occupation you are applying for.
You can get some advantages if you fall into one of following special conditions.
- You has worked at one of the Fortune Global 500 companies: Even if you do not meet the education and work experience requirements, you can apply for the E-7 visa.
- Graduate (prospective) bachelor’s degree holder from The Times 200 Universities or QS World University Rankings 200: Even if you do not meet the one year work experience requirement, you can apply for the visa.
- (Prospective) graduates of local community colleges: You will be exempted from the one year work experience requirement.
- (Prospective) graduates of local universities with bachelor’s degree or higher: If you get a job in an occupation related to your major study, you can apply for the visa.
- Foreign talents in advanced science and technology sector who get a recommendation from the relevant ministries
- Yearly salary was 1.5 times the Korean GNI per capita of the previous year. And you receive a recommendation from the head of central administrative agency: You will be exempted from the work experience requirement.
- Yearly salary was 3 times the Korean GNI per capita of the previous year: You will be exempted from education and work experience requirements.
Standard Required Documents
– Degree certificate – If the certificate was issued from oversea, it needs to get an apostille confirmation or notarization from Korean consulate oversea.
– Employment certificate – If the certificate was issued from oversea, it needs to get an apostille confirmation or notarization from Korean consulate oversea.
– License if required
– Employment contract between you and your new employer
– Company documents from your new employer – Mostly the company’s tax and corporate documents.
– Document demonstrating the necessity of foreign employee (A letter which states the necessity of hiring the respective foreign employee, plan for usage of the employee, expected outcomes and etc.)
In addition, you can find out more about the degree certificate and employment certificate here.
For some occupations, the immigration office requires to submit an employment recommendation. The recommendation letter should be from an administrative ministries like KOTRA.
Please click here to look at occupations which require the employment recommendation.
In conclusion, we have explained about the eligibility and requirements for E-7 visa in Korea. From the beginning, it will be good to know in which occupation you will be in.
After that, you need to check your qualification and the requirements. If you do not meet the standard requirements, you need to check whether you have preferential requirements.
We wrote a blog post about how we processed the E-7 visa on specific occupation. You can look into the case on application software developer.