As 70% of Korea’s land is mountains, hiking courses near by Seoul are well developed and are popular. Many people visits the hiking courses near by Seoul during weekend and holidays. We would like to introduce some of the hiking trails below.
– Namtaeryeong is located on Woomyeon Mountain and it is a big hill on the mountain. It is consisted of walking trails.
Total Distance: 8 km
The time required: 2 hours 40 minutes
1. Seonbawi Station (line #4, exit #2) – Namtaeryeong Observatory : 40 minutes
Go straight from exit #2, and turn right at the Gwanmun four ways. Then go straight about 400m, there is an entrance of Namtaeryeong Path.
2. Namtaeryeong Observatory – Yosae Hill Rest Area : 30 minutes
3. Yosae Hill Rest Area – Somang Top : 50 minutes
4. Somang Tower – Yangjaecheon Rainbow Bridge : 40 minutes
– Bukhansan Dulegi has 21 hiking courses.
– Please refer to the English website for more information – http://ecotour.knps.or.kr/dulegil/index_e.asp
– You can download smart phone application called “Bukhansan Dulle-gil (English Ver.)”
– If you search Bukhansan Dullegil from Google, you will be able to get more information and some photos
Course 01 (Sonamusup-gil)
Total Distance: 3.1 km
The time required: 1 hour 30 minutes
Address for paring: 5-1, Ui-dong, Gangbuk-gu, Seoul
Course 02 (Sullye-gil)
Total Distance: 2.3 km
The time required: 1 hour 10 minutes
Address for parking: San 73-1, Suyu-dong, Gangbuk-gu, Seoul
Course 03 (Huingureum-gil)
Total Distance: 4.1 km
The time required: 2 hours
Address for parking: Not available yet
Course 04 (Solsaem-gil)
Total distance: 2.1 km
The time required: 1 hour
Address for parking: 829, Jeongneung 4-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul
Manisan Hiking in Gangwhado
– It is located in Incheon.
– The hike started at an elevation of 8m above sea level and climbed quickly and steeply to the peak at 476m
Total Distance: 6.6 km
The time required: 3 hours
Entrance Fee: KRW 1,500 / adult
Address for parking: San 42-1, Sangbang-ri, Hwado-myeon, Ganghwa-gu, Gyeonggi-do
– At 629 meters in height, Gwanaksan Mountain is the symbol and pride of Gwanak-gu district in Seoul. Most of the cultural heritages of the district originate from Gwanaksan Mountain.
– Course 1 is highly recommended for beginners
Total Distance: 4.5 km
The time required: 2 hours 20 minutes
Address for parking: 805, Sillim-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul
For travel information to east coast of Korea, please see our other post here: Travel to East Side(coast) of Korea.