Single Journey Ticket or get a Rechargeable Card like “T-Money” card. The T-Money card is a transportation card as well as a device used to pay for a taxi and bus. When using T-Money, the fare for the public transportation can be cheaper than when paying with cash. Taking a subway in Seoul is not difficult. n order to take the subway in Seoul, the first step to take is to purchase a right card depending on your needs.You can either buy a
You can buy T-money card at convenience stores such as GS25, CU, 7-Eleven, Buy The Way and Story Way. The T-money card is rechargeable in amounts ranging from KRW 1,000 to KRW 90,000 at any of the T-money vendors or ticket vending and card reload devices inside subway stations. The ticket vending and card reload device looks the same as the picture below. The language of the display of the device can be changed to English, Chinese, Japanese and etc.
At the ticket vending device, please do as follows. You can also look at the picture below for the display of the ticket vending device.
- Select your preferred language. Touch orange button written “Single Journey Ticket” on the left side of the screen.
- Search and select your destination. Subway stations are listed in alphabetical order.
- Select the quantity for each type of Single Journey Tickets.
- After you select the quantity, total price of the ticket will show up on the left side of the screen. For each ticket, the deposit of KRW 500 is applied. You can receive the deposit back at your final destination from the deposit refund device near the ticket vending device.
- You need to pay for the ticket.
- Go to the turnstile entrance and place your ticket on the card reader where “T-Money” sign is attached. After the beep, pass through the entrance and head to the subway platform.
Once coming down to the platform, please note that the sign at the top of the screen door indicate the train’s next stop with arrow sign.